The Michigan Department of Natural Resources’ Southern Lake Michigan Management Unit in Fisheries Division has announced meetings in the Lansing, Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids areas to discuss local and statewide fishing regulation proposals.
The meetings will be held on the following dates in the following locations:
- Monday, March 26 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Delta Township Library (5130 Davenport, Lansing)
- Tuesday, March 27 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Portage Library (300 Library Lane, Portage)
- Monday, April 23 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Plainfield Charter Township Office (6161 Belmont Ave, NE, Belmont)
Several local regulation proposals will be discussed at the meetings, including the following:
- Removing Bluejay Creek (Berrien County) and Spring Creek (St. Joseph County) from the Designated Trout Streams list.
- Removing Spring Creek (St.