Two children seriously injured in Algoma Township crash | News
ALGOMA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Two children sustained serious head injuries in an accident at Wolven Avenue and 11 Mile Road Sunday shortly after 11 a.m.
When Kent County deputies were dispatched to the scene, they were told that both children were unconscious in one of the vehicles, but upon arrival, both children were conscious and being tended to by fire and medical teams. They were transported by Rockford Ambulance to Spectrum Health Medical Center in downtown Grand Rapids with serious injuries.
The accident occured when the driver of the vehicle with children in it stopped at the intersection of Wolven and 11 Mile, then failed to yield for an oncoming vehicle on Wolven. Both drivers involved in the accident received minor injuries.
Both children, 7 years-old and 4 years-old respectively, were wearing seatbelts. Alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
Upcoming Events near Rockford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Greenville: District surveying community about alternative school year
- My Town Greenville: Free family movie showing March 6
- My Town Greenville: Gus Macker tournament to benefit young father battling cancer
- How Michigan wildlife are dealing with harsh winter
- My Town Greenville: Family Engineering Night Rescheduled