Two children seriously injured in Algoma Township crash | News
ALGOMA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Two children sustained serious head injuries in an accident at Wolven Avenue and 11 Mile Road Sunday shortly after 11 a.m.
When Kent County deputies were dispatched to the scene, they were told that both children were unconscious in one of the vehicles, but upon arrival, both children were conscious and being tended to by fire and medical teams. They were transported by Rockford Ambulance to Spectrum Health Medical Center in downtown Grand Rapids with serious injuries.
The accident occured when the driver of the vehicle with children in it stopped at the intersection of Wolven and 11 Mile, then failed to yield for an oncoming vehicle on Wolven. Both drivers involved in the accident received minor injuries.
Both children, 7 years-old and 4 years-old respectively, were wearing seatbelts. Alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
Upcoming Events near Rockford - Cannon Township
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Belding: Construction date set for new skate park
- My Town Greenville: Safe Schools Community Forum April 23
- Man arrested in Montcalm road rage incident
- My Town Greenville: Public meetings over proposed millage hike April 21
- My Town Greenville: Used book sale to benefit Flat River Community Library April 25
- Store employee opens fire on gunmen, one believed to have been wounded.
- My Town: University of Tennessee names Northview alum new coach
- My Town: Blythefield Country Club to detail plans for LPGA tournament
- My Town: Highlands Middle School to host boater safety classes
- My Town Northview: Proposed millage renewal information session April 22
- My Town Sparta: Downtown Development Authority Office upgrades approved
- My Town Sparta: Village to hire additional DPW employees
- My Town Sparta: Council backs altering village boundaries
- My Town Sparta: Homeowners begin cleaning up after storm
- My Town Sparta: Celebrate Earth Day by helping Howard Christensen Nature Center