Meet the Michigan Author: Bob Tarte | Arts & Culture
Bob Tarte and his wife, Linda, live on the edge of a shoe-sucking swamp near the West Michigan city of Lowell, fending off mosquitoes during temperate months and chipping ice out of plastic wading pools in the frigid winter. Tarte is author of humorous exotic pet memoirs Enslaved By Ducks and Fowl Weather, based on he and wife, Linda’s, daily life amid parrots, ducks, geese, parakeets, rabbits, doves, cats, hens and orphaned songbirds. His third memoir, Kitty Cornered, was just released.
Tarte will be at the Englehardt branch at 6:30 PM on Monday, April 2, to read from and sign and sell his books. He also will appear at the Krause Memorial branch at 6:30 PM on Monday, April 23.
Tarte’s appearances are part of KDL’s “Celebrate The Mitten” author series, which includes more than a dozen published authors from around the state appearing at various branches through May, and an authors showcase from 1:00 to 4:00 PM on Saturday, April 21 at the Kentwood branch. For complete information about all authors in the series, click here.
Upcoming Events near Rockford - Cannon Township
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State grants to help Byron Twp., Sparta companies expand
- My Town: West Michigan Archery Center grand opening celebration Aug. 16
- One dead in motorcycle crash on 17 Mile Rd.
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'