Meet the Michigan Author: Bob Tarte | Arts & Culture
Bob Tarte and his wife, Linda, live on the edge of a shoe-sucking swamp near the West Michigan city of Lowell, fending off mosquitoes during temperate months and chipping ice out of plastic wading pools in the frigid winter. Tarte is author of humorous exotic pet memoirs Enslaved By Ducks and Fowl Weather, based on he and wife, Linda’s, daily life amid parrots, ducks, geese, parakeets, rabbits, doves, cats, hens and orphaned songbirds. His third memoir, Kitty Cornered, was just released.
Tarte will be at the Englehardt branch at 6:30 PM on Monday, April 2, to read from and sign and sell his books. He also will appear at the Krause Memorial branch at 6:30 PM on Monday, April 23.
Tarte’s appearances are part of KDL’s “Celebrate The Mitten” author series, which includes more than a dozen published authors from around the state appearing at various branches through May, and an authors showcase from 1:00 to 4:00 PM on Saturday, April 21 at the Kentwood branch. For complete information about all authors in the series, click here.
Upcoming Events near Rockford - Cannon Township
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Belding: Construction date set for new skate park
- My Town Greenville: Safe Schools Community Forum April 23
- Man arrested in Montcalm road rage incident
- My Town Greenville: Public meetings over proposed millage hike April 21
- My Town Greenville: Used book sale to benefit Flat River Community Library April 25
- Store employee opens fire on gunmen, one believed to have been wounded.
- My Town: University of Tennessee names Northview alum new coach
- My Town: Blythefield Country Club to detail plans for LPGA tournament
- My Town: Highlands Middle School to host boater safety classes
- My Town Northview: Proposed millage renewal information session April 22
- My Town Sparta: Downtown Development Authority Office upgrades approved
- My Town Sparta: Village to hire additional DPW employees
- My Town Sparta: Council backs altering village boundaries
- My Town Sparta: Homeowners begin cleaning up after storm
- My Town Sparta: Celebrate Earth Day by helping Howard Christensen Nature Center